This WordPress plugin allows a user to create templates of their page content. This is especially useful when after purchasing/downloading a theme, you want to store the demo content but don’t want the content to clutter your pages section.
- Download and enable the plugin.
- Select the Demo Content Settings from the Tools menu.
- From the admin menu, select the pages you want to create templates from. By default, the plugin will keep the hierarchy of the pages. Select the flatten hierarchy option if this is not desired.
- You can now view your templates by going to the Demo Templates post type. You can safely delete the pages.
- Demo templates act like pages. Viewing them in the front end will show the content as it looks on a page.
- If you want to add the template to your pages, go to the demo content settings and create the page from the template. This will make a copy.